Thursday, June 14, 2012

They call me chicken legs..

They call me chicken legs.  This is something I've come to accept.  My legs are skinny. They are twigs.  I will never have diamond shaped calve muscles or tree trunk like quads.  I embrace the name now.  Before; it offended me.  I hated wearing shorts.  I hated the comments...

Times have changed. I use it as a type of fuel now.  Motivation. I look at these little twigs and it gives me all the more reason to hit the gym.  Leg day.  My arch enemy.  It's difficult putting up weight with these little things, it hurts. Squatting your body weight with chicken legs is not fun.  But through the pain comes progress.  When I first started my journey one of my friends gave me some great advice. He told me the things we don't want to do are often the things we need to do the most.  It's stuck with me ever since. And I've worked hard at doing the things I don't want to do.  Squats, leg extensions, calf raises.  They suck, leg day really really sucks.   But these chicken legs, they're a little bigger now... still laughable, but progress has been made.  My wife now tells me I have a nice butt and you know what... I'm darn proud of it.  Which leads me to this blog. To brag about my new found butt muscles.  Not really. The reality is I want to share progress.  I want to share ideas and thoughts and studies that I've read pertaining to my training and progress in hopes of helping and motivating others.  I realized the other day how much my goals have improved since I started logging everything (calories, nutrients, weights) and I thought to myself if logging is good blogging must be even better.  And thus; Chicken Legs was born.

I'm not too sure where all this is headed.  I can tell you this; Chicken Legs will be a place to motivate and to learn.  A place where I post thoughts on diets, weight lifting routines and a general progress from being skinny to being some-what-less-skinny (6'1 150lbs to the current 182lbs)   Follow along if you want, maybe you'll find some good information, maybe you'll find some decent advice. Hopefully through this blog you'll be able to find your own motivation, your own personal "chicken legs"

1 comment:

  1. It won't help the hamstrings, but if you get into biking (especially mountain biking) your quads may eventually get pretty jacked, and squats become a joke... at least that's my case. I've always been fairly twiggy as well.

    ReplyDelete